At Thrive Health Co. we get a lot of patients asking what to expect after their Chiropractic Care adjustment. Here are some tips on how to continue feeling the benefits long after the adjustments:
- It is crucial to go for a 5-10 minute walk directly following your adjustment in order to maximise the benefits of our care.
- Do not sit for more than 30 minutes if possible. Avoid sitting in recliners and soft couches.
- Do not use heat for pain relief. This will increase the swelling.
- Some soreness may be noticed after the adjustment. This is your body’s way of telling you to avoid physical stresses while you are healing.
- To help reduce pain and swelling, apply an ice pack that is wrapped in a cloth or paper towel to the area that we suggest for 20 minutes. Remove for one hour. Repeat this as needed.
- Walk as much as possible. If you cannot walk, crawl. Motion is good. However, if a particular motion causes discomfort, avoid it. g. if it hurts to bend forward, avoid bending forward.
- Drink large amounts of water. This will help flush toxins from your body and help your body heal.
- You spend about 1/3 of your life in bed. Sleep on a good supportive mattress and pillow.
- Sleep on your back or your side. Never sleep on your stomach. It is best for your legs to be flexed at a 30-45 degree angle when sleeping on your side.
If you feel better, tell us. It is important that we be made aware of improvement.
Follow these recommendations. There is no substitute for carefully timed chiropractic adjustments.