Exercise Physiology Services in Graceville
Exercise Physiologists are University trained Allied Health practitioners that use exercise prescription for positive health outcomes. With growing research into the impact of exercise on certain health conditions, Exercise Physiologists can assist with pre-habilitation as well as rehabilitation, tailoring exercise prescription for Pregnancy, cardiovascular conditions, and metabolic conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, Neurological or Mental Health conditions. Whether it be to reduce pain, rehabilitate post-injury or assist with your goals to achieve every day health or elite athletic performance an Accredited Exercise Physiologist has the knowledge and skills to provide these services.
Our Thrive Exercise Physiologists will take a thorough medical and physical history and assessment and design the right program for you. This may include sessions in the gym, weight training, and balance and fall prevention training. Education will form part of your management which may also include a home-based exercise program.
Governed by the peak professional body Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA), Accredited Exercise Physiologists are registered Medicare Providers and you may be eligible for a rebate with your Private Health Fund extras cover or through direct referral from your GP via the Chronic Disease Management program.
Our Thrive Exercise Physiologists are much more than a personal trainer or gym instructor. Exercise Physiologists are university educated; with extensive knowledge of the human body and the benefit that exercise has on it, both mentally and physically.
Benefits of Exercise Physiology include:
- Injury Rehabilitation and Prevention;
- Postural Improvement;
- Pre and Post Pregnancy related issues;
- Keeping clients healthy and active as they age;
- Optimal Athletic Performance;
- Assisting with the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), and;
- Metabolic disorders such as Obesity and Diabetes.
- Accredited Exercise Physiologists treat musculoskeletal conditions through prescription of tailored exercise to treat pain with the goal of correcting postural imbalances and preventing injury occurrence or reoccurrence.