Pregnancy Care Services in Graceville
Pregnancy is a time of incredible physical and postural change as the mother’s body accommodates and nurtures the growing baby.
A large percentage of women experience back discomfort or pain during pregnancy. Pre-existing, unnoticed imbalances in your spine and pelvis may become more obvious as your body changes, leading to discomfort and difficulty while performing your normal everyday activities.
At Thrive Health, our dedicated pregnancy care team help to sooth your aches and pains and prepare your body for birth and beyond. If muscles and joints are moving well, it makes sense that births are more straightforward. We offer Pregnancy Chiropractic and Pregnancy Massage treatments and Pre & Post Natal exercise to help support you during this amazing time of your life.
In addition, Dr Jemima our Pregnancy & Paediatric Chiropractor is a Webster certified practitioner, providing her with the ability to assist in optimal pelvic positioning for the expecting mother. Jemima is trained in both the spinning babies techniques and also Optimal foetal positioning technique.
Chiropractic care during pregnancy can aid in musculoskeletal discomfort caused by the numerous changes our bodies undergo during our journey to motherhood. The extra stress on the body can result in spinal dysfunction and muscular/ligamentous tightness. Chiropractic care during pregnancy may assist pelvic alignment, which may limit the room for your baby to grow comfortably. This restriction is called intrauterine constraint and can make it difficult for your baby to get into a good position for birth.
A Baby who is not in a good position may result in a more difficult labour and a more traumatic birth for both mum and baby.
Pregnancy Massage Benefits Include:
Pregnancy Massage is a combination of relaxation massage and deep tissue. The massage therapist adapts their techniques to address changes a woman goes through during her pregnancy. A pregnancy massage using a selection of Swedish, deep and remedial massage techniques to reduce stress, decrease swelling, relieve aches and pains and reduce anxiety and depression. Pregnancy massage is performed with the woman on her side or back and customised to each woman’s individual needs.
- Stress and anxiety about the pregnancy
- Sore back & hips
- Headaches associated with Pregnancy
- Pregnancy-related RSI
- Pubic symphysis
- Restless legs
- Sleep deprivation and tiredness
- Correcting abnormal joint mechanics that lead to joint and nerve stress, thus reducing pain and improving function.
- Maintaining joint function and spinal balance so the spine may adapt to the increased weight and altered posture.
- Ensuring that the joints of the lower back and pelvis are moving freely to assist the birth process. Proper joint movement enhance pelvic opening.
- Educating the expectant mother on the correct posture, lifting and other lifestyle factors in order to reduce spinal stress.
- Recommending exercises to assist spinal health.
The Webster Technique; a specialised chiropractic adjustment, helpful in improving the functioning of the sacrum, pelvis and surrounding ligaments and muscles to help the baby get into optimal position and make labour more comfortable.
- Address minor or moderate pregnancy related issues such as; backache, nausea, tingling/numbness in extremities, sciatica, ligament pain and sacroiliac pain
- Could have a preventative effect against future pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence.
- Some studies have commented that having regular chiropractic care during pregnancy may shorten labour time.