Deciding whether to see a Chiropractor or a Physiotherapist depends on the nature of your condition and your personal preferences.
At Thrive Health Co. our Chiropractors and Physiotherapists tend to have special interests in different aspects of musculoskeletal health and provide unique treatment approaches. Here are some general guidelines (but not absolute) to help you decide on who you might try first:
Consider seeing a Chiropractor if:
- You have a condition related to the spine, such as back pain, neck pain, or headaches. Chiropractors primarily focus on spinal adjustments/mobilisations, soft tissue techniques, and rehabilitative exercises to improve spinal function and posture.
- You prefer hands-on manual therapy techniques, such as spinal manipulation, mobilisation, and soft tissue therapy.
- You are interested in holistic approaches to healthcare that emphasize the relationship between the spine, nervous system, and overall well-being.
Consider seeing a Physiotherapist if:
- You have a broader range of musculoskeletal conditions, including joint pain, muscle strains, ligament injuries, or post-surgical rehabilitation.
- You prefer treatment modalities that include a larger focus on soft tissue tehcniques (such as massage and dry needling), exercise therapy, stretching and strengthening exercises.
- You are looking for a healthcare professional who can provide a comprehensive training program to get you back into a specific sport and reduce that chance of re-occurrence in the future.
It’s worth noting that these guidelines are general and not absolute. The specific skills, expertise, and treatment approaches may vary among individual practitioners. At Thrive Health Co., our Brisbane based Chiropractors spend a lot of time providing soft tissue techniques and rehabilitative exercises that you may think would be more in line with a Physio, and our Physio’s have skills in joint mobilisation if that is required. At the end of the day, find a health professional that you trust, and they will get you the results you need. The benefit of multi-disciplinary clinics like ours in Graceville is that we can cross refer or co-manage within the same clinic, ensuring you get the best results in the fastest amount of time possible!