Meet local Physiotherapist Matthew Britton
Mat is a physiotherapist with a special interest in running and running / sports related injuries. He also has an interest in the treatment and prevention of sports lower back and neck pain and headaches. When not at work Mat loves to spend time with his wife Kylie, son Alec and daughter Lily. He particularly enjoys watching his kids participate in sport.
Mat’s treatment goals are to assist people in their rehabilitation using a combination of dry needling, mobilisations, soft tissue techniques, therapeutic and functional exercises, and ergonomic advice in order to guide them towards self management to prevent future injuries.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy / Exercise Science (Griffith University)
- Physiotherapist for Mackay Magpies Crusaders soccer team
- Former volunteer Physiotherapist for Brisbane Roar W-League team
- Former volunteer Physiotherapist for South East Queensland women’s rugby league side 2011
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
- Functional Strength / Kinetic Link Training
- Dry Needling
Mat is a keen runner and spends a lot of time working on his charity event “Trail To Triumph” and supporting other charities. Trail To Triumph raises funds and awareness to promote the dangers of asbestos exposure. Mat was also a founding member of the Springfield Runners Group, which boasts approximately 1700 members.