Meet local Chiropractor Lucy Sjoedal
Lucy Sjoedal graduated from Macquarie University with a bachelor’s degree in Chiropractic Science and a Masters in Chiropractic. Lucy has also completed postgraduate studies specialising in Paediatrics & Pregnancy along with many extra studies and courses which she has applied over her 14 years in practice. She has completed the Paediatric DNS (dynamic neuromuscular stabilisation) course through the Prague school of rehabilitation.
Lucy has worked in various multidisciplinary clinics in Norway since graduating and enjoys helping families of all ages in practice. Her passion for Paediatric and Pregnancy care allows referrals and close contact from midwives, doctors, physiotherapists and specialists. Lucy along with her husband (also a Chiropractor) owned and ran a multidisciplinary clinic in Norway for over 10 years before relocated back to Australia in 2022.
Lucy uses a range of techniques to suit the patients needs and age. For the little ones, gentle mobilisations, craniosacral techniques, light vibrations or subtle adjustments if needed. Lucy’s treatments with the smaller babies always incorporates home advice and developmental rehabilitation with focus on gross and fine motor milestones. With the older children, pregnant patients and other patients, she uses an array of techniques such as soft tissue techniques, dry needling, mobilisations, cranials, instrument assisted soft tissue mobilisations and Chiropractic adjustments.
Lucy is a mother of three and married to Petter ( also a Chiropractor/Physiotherapist and co- owner of their Chiropractic clinic on the Gold Coast).
- Bachelor of Chiropractic (Macquarie University
- Master Chiropractic (Macquarie University)
- Certificate Australian College of Chiropractic Paediatrics Post Graduate.
- IAIM baby massage instructor certified
- Ashtanga yoga instructor certified
- Pilates mat instructor certified
- Dry needling certified
- Awarded Macquarie University research award for Master Chiropractic research project 2009.
- Various extra courses and education across Europe specialising in Paediatric and pregnancy care such as Steve Williams, Webster technique, DNS (dynamic neuromuscular stabilisation), Tongue tie to mention a few.
Outside of Thrive, Lucy loves to keep active with running, surfing, yoga and the gym. Otherwise you’ll find Lucy keeping active running around with her three girls Lily(10), Rosie (7), Daisy (5)! She loves spending time outdoors with her family, whether that be skiing, hiking, cycling or especially at the beach with her family and friends.