Meet local Chiropractor Dr Jemima Nelson
Dr Jemima Nelson
(currently on Maternity leave)
Jemima Nelson graduated from Macquarie University with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Masters in Chiropractic and is one of only a select group of Chiropractors in QLD to have completed postgraduate studies in Paediatrics & Pregnancy related conditions. Jemima solely focuses on the care of Pregnant women and Children – making her extremely experienced in these fields.
Jemima has authored articles in a number of pregnancy and paediatric publications on numerous health related topics and is highly regarded by other health professionals, receiving referrals from Midwives, Obstetricians, Lactation Consultants, GP’s and Dentists.
Jemima uses a wide range of techniques to suit each individual patient ranging from cranio-sacral and soft-tissue protocols through to gentle Chiropractic adjustments. She compliments this with specific neurological training exercises and rehabilitation protocols to ensure she creates long-lasting changes in all the patients that she sees.
Jemima is a mother of three, and is married to Josh, the Principal Chiropractor and owner of Thrive Health Co.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Macquarie University);
- Masters of Chiropractic (Macquarie University);
- Diplomate of Chiropractic Paediatrics (DICCP);
- Webster technique Certified;
- Spinning Babies Certified;
- Optimal Maternal Positioning Certified;
- Mentor for Chiropractic Masters Students (Central Queensland University);
- Author of numerous articles on Paediatrics & Pregnancy.
Outside of Thrive, Jemima loves keeping fit and active whether it’s at the gym or running around after her three vivacious children – Tilly (8), Isla (5), and Ted (1). When time permits her favourite time is spent at the beach surrounded by friends and family.