Meet local Chiropractor Dr Jemima Nelson
Dr Jemima Nelson
Jemima Nelson graduated from Macquarie University with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Masters in Chiropractic and is one of only a select group of Chiropractors in QLD to have completed postgraduate studies in Paediatrics & Pregnancy. Jemima solely works with our littlest patients from newborns throughout childhood as well focusing on pregnancy and postnatal and women’s health.
Jemima is certified in the Webster technique, spinning babies and also optimal maternal positioning. She has a passion for helping women achieve their ideal pregnancy and birth. This includes pregnancy aches and pain, active birth plans and also breech babies!
Jemima has authored articles in a number of pregnancy and paediatric publications on numerous health related topics and is highly regarded by other health professionals, receiving referrals from Midwives, Obstetricians, Lactation Consultants, GP’s and Dentists.
Jemima has been practicing for over 15 years and uses a wide range of techniques to suit each individual patient ranging from cranio-sacral and soft-tissue protocols through to gentle Chiropractic adjustments. She compliments this with specific neurological training exercises and rehabilitation protocols to ensure she creates long-lasting changes in all the patients that she sees.
Some common musculoskeletal problems in babies include;
- Irritable and fussy behaviour
- Musculoskeletal imbalances in babies after a stressful birth
- Poor sleeping patterns
- Head favouring positions
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Babies who dislike car trips, tummy time or clothes and nappy changes
- Head shape irregularities
- Not reaching milestones (like rolling or lifting head, bum shuffling, commando crawling)
- Babies who dislike tummy time
- Tongue tie pre and post care
Jemima is a mother of three, and is married to Josh (Chiropractor), and together they own Thrive Health Co.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Macquarie University);
- Masters of Chiropractic (Macquarie University);
- Diplomate of Chiropractic Paediatrics (DICCP);
- Webster technique Certified;
- Spinning Babies Certified;
- Optimal Maternal Positioning Certified;
- Mentor for Chiropractic Masters Students (Central Queensland University);
- Author of numerous articles on Paediatrics & Pregnancy.
Outside of Thrive, Jemima loves keeping fit and active whether it’s at the gym or running around after her three vivacious children – Tilly (8), Isla (5), and Ted (1). When time permits her favourite time is spent at the beach surrounded by friends and family.